Monday, October 09, 2006

Does It Make Sense to You?

So temps are supposed to be "safe" for 2 more years, and regular status will most likely all have jobs in the "new system". They're saying some temps may end up keeping jobs. No roll-out for another year and when they do, it will be a different area....Round Rock area?

Yeah, lets f*** with another part of Texas.

Makes you wonder - if temps are not receiving evaluations, how do you choose which temp to keep and which to let go? Tenure alone shouldn't be what the choice is based on because we all know that's what they basically based the selection at HHSC on - and some of the employees kept were not as good as some that got RIF notices. Of course, they've rescinded those now and we're spending more money hiring temporary staff to hold the offices together. Anyone with this type of work experience knows that not just anyone can come in off of the street and do this job. It takes a certain type of personality and not everyone has it. Besides, as a "temp" and knowing that you were employed "at will", wouldn't you still be looking for a permanent job? I would!

So - back to square one. Too much work, not enough workers.
Hmmm...sounds like too many chiefs and not enough Indians......

HHSC and Accenture are just hiring people left and right and without adequate training and monitoring, letting them determnine eligibility for our elderly, disabled and poor. It doesn't seem to matter whether they do it accurately or not. Just get it done. We used to get QC Reports and errors were a major deal! Now - QC? What's that?

With what Hawkins and Co. have done, we're just desperate to keep a "live body" in the job now.

No more Enhanded Funding Bonuses from the Feds. Loss of matched Medicaid dollars. QC Liabilities. Financial penalties from the Feds (Anyone wonder why there's no talk about that yet? Gee - who's in charge over there?)

Sorry, I know I have rambled. But I'm tired. I'm tired of working all the time. I'm tired of my kids saying they don't get to see me anymore. I'm tired of not having a home life - missing my TV shows, missing my normal personal interactions. I'm tired of Hawkins, Accenture - TAA - Rick Perry, Craddick, the crooked majority, (still hating Wohlgemuth too).....




Just vote, people. Please.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is talk for a "November Solution" rollout but I can remember the location - was on a scan call earlier today.

Anonymous said...

I heard they were going to roll out Lubbock? AFTER THE NOV ELECTIONS...

What is their plan from there? I had also heard that they were going to roll out the office with TIERS, or another form of it and then after the whole state rolled out then implement the call centers. Anybody else heard that.

Anonymous said...

The word I get is that the new eligibilty system is not rolling out yet, no time line. TIERS will begin rollout 11/06 in Williamson county. They have already moved personnel into the Round Rock office to help with the transition. TIERS will continue to roll out county by county.

hhscsurvivalist said...

Well, I certainly hope they have all the problems worked out before they do this anywhere else! I already have clients moving back into my "non-TIERS" area claiming to hate the new system. Too bad I have to tell them they're stuck in it (or so they say.....).

Anonymous said...

Depends, some people say TIERS works. One of the problems is that it is much more complicated than they intended. There isn't enough consistency in the way you answer the questions, and if you don't know for instance which date it is asking for, the program won't work correctly. The training gives an overview, but for the most part the people training haven't really worked the program. There are also still programming issues, however, TAA is not providing the TIERS support that they contracted for including tickets on problems with cases. This is compounding the problems. I am not looking forward to our area going to TIERS and hope it doesn't happen soon.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by temporary workers are safe for another two years?

hhscsurvivalist said...

It will be another year before they try another rollout and then it will be about a year to complete the roll out...they aren't going to let staff go before completion. Sorry if I got any of the temps hopes up but this figure was given to me for my particular Region. Times may vary depending on what region you are in.

That's the current time line anyway. As we all know, it could end up being much much longer....

Anonymous said...

In my area all the permanent status employees now have jobs. If there are any more vacancies, the temps will be in line for the job. Austin doesn't have temps, everyone is hired as a permanent employee.

Update - Rumor has it that they have cancelled the TIERS training for the Round Rock office. Looks like they may not roll out for now.