Sunday, August 13, 2006

Letter to Austin American Statesman & reply

DEAR SIRS:

I AM A DISABLED TEXAN, UNDER THE AGE OF 65, YET STILL RECEIVE BENEFITS FROM THE STATE OF TEXAS IN THE QMB AND FOOD STAMP PROGRAM. BECAUSE I AM DISABLED, IT IS VERY HARD FOR ME TO TAKE THE REQUIRED TIME TO UTILIZE THE NEW AND "IMPROVED" PROGRAM. I HAVE HAD MAJOR NECK AND BACK SURGERY THIS YEAR ALONE, WITH SERIOUS LIFE THREATENING COMPLICATIONS WITH THE BACK SURGERY I AM STILL TRYING TO RECUPERATE FROM. I DO NOT SEE WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM THAT IS TRIED AND TRUE. WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKEN?

SINCERELY,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*****************************************

Thank you for your insight. I'm sorry to hear about your difficult situation. Sounds like for you things would have been better the old way. Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,
Corrie MacLagganHealth and human services reporter
Austin American-Statesman
305 S. Congress Ave.Austin, TX 78704
512.445.3548

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiers is a bunch of bull. There was nothing wrong with saverr before and its working fine now. It was just another way for the man to justify spending tax dollars. The same as they are doing now with Accenture. They don't give a crap about customer service. They are not out here on the front line taking it all in. Once again all that matters to them is money. When can we vote you know who out. We need a more compassionate commissioner.

hhscsurvivalist said...

Regarding the HIPAA reference from anonymous to me via email: I had full permission from the author of this letter before I published it. As a matter of fact, he/she wants this out there....