Saturday, July 15, 2006

Been too busy to post!

I have been way too busy to post lately - Sorry about that!

I've worked tons of OT this week and can barely drag myself home after work. I am so grateful for my "friend" who has picked up my child from daycare EVERY DAY THIS WEEK because I could not get out of the office in time. Last weekend, I actually brought some work home with me. I absolutely refused to do so this weekend!

My child now asks me everyday when I get home "How was your day, mama? Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?". He is such a sweetheart but it seems our roles are reversing. He is the one worrying about me when I am the parent and should be the one worrying about him. Thank God for little angels!

All of our lives (and our health) are being affected by this. Our client's are being affected. The Texas budget is being affected. How much longer can they expect us to maintain? We are getting more and more complaints about "rudeness" on the part of the workers. We have never, as an agency, been deliberately rude to anyone, but as one who has to deal with alot of complaints, I can't really blame the workers. They don't deliberately mean to be rude but they are so overwhelmed and exhausted that their emotions are now affecting their jobs. Some of the clients are understanding but as you all know, each one is focused on their own needs. When they can't feed their kids, of couse they get upset or angry. When their child is scheduled for surgery or needs meds and they lose their Medicaid, of course they get upset or angry. Wouldn't you?

Please check the list below for your State Rep. If they signed the letter to stop this madness, don't forget to call or write them a thank you! If they did not, ask they why not?

I am so ashamed of what the current administration has allowed to happen to Texas. I certainly hope that in the next election, we can rid ourselves of the "powers that be".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are talking about the clients not being able to feed their children or their medicaid is denied. Why are them medicaid and Food Stamps denied? They don't take this paperwork and timeframes seriously. We are doing double work because they don't provide in a timely manner and their stuff gets denied.
venting...
I have some that I am working and re working because they don't provide the info the local office. Can you imagine if they had to go through the call center? They wouldn't get anything.