Friday, June 09, 2006

Got this from another worker....


Just thought I would share this.....I had to call 2-1-1, which is not even able to be dialed from here.....I had to call the long distance number. I am checking on a TP40 case for my sister in law who lives in Houston. She applied for TP40 on May 1 and has yet to hear a decision from them. She can't get her local office to help, she can't call 2-1-1 and has to call the 713 long distance number only to be told her case is in processing. So I called today for some answers.....ha.....the poor girl that answered the phone would not even give me information on the case even though I am an employee of the state. I asked to speak to her supervisor and after holding for at least 4-5 times, she told me the same thing (and I think she had to be maybe 20 years old)...."The case is in processing and she does not know why the case is taking so long." I asked about the 15 day time frame and she agreed with that, but again, had no answer as to why her case was not complete. I asked if she could find out and contact me back. She said it would takea couple of days....we are waiting....and I am calling back. She also told me it may be best to just fax in another application.

I can only imagine how horrible this if for all of these clients. I strongly encouraged my sister in law to contact all her reps and whoever else about this. I just thought I would share. At least she found out her stuff was not sent to Seattle.......now if that is not embarrassing!


(Note from Blogger: This is not the first time I've heard that TAA will not release information to the local offices! I'm glad to learn they are at least trying to follow the confidentiality laws but I think they are really confused about what to keep confidential from whom!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had to call TAA a few times for my clients and the author of this post is right. TAA will NOT under any circumstances give out information to state employees. How much sense does that make??

Anonymous said...

As much sense as any of this plan has....NONE!

I'm just so sick of those idiots thinking we're the idiots!